Times Gone By

Times Gone By

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sat on my butt

Okay while I'm sat here I might as well bring up to where I am now.
Rang in on Monday and Ron told me to come in. Unfortunatly no runs to the US as yet but he could give me some local to keep me busy. It's all money. So start off take a trl to Home Depot in Dartmouth then bob back to the yard. Take another load to Dartmouth drop the trl on a door, bob back to yard pick another load up for the same place and by the time i get back there my 1st trl should be mt. Well it sounded good in theory. Got back there and the 1st trl had'nt been touched, so I backed the 2nd one onto another door. Rang dispatch and Ron had gone home he was taking a few days off and had only gone into the office for a few hours. Mark told me to leave them there and bob back to the yard. Next go to CN and pick a container up going to the boat in Nth Sydney, so off I went. Hit a bit of snow going up there but nothing too bad. Hooked to an MT Canadian Tire trl and took that for dehiring in Dartmouth the next morning. Done there bob back to the yard and up to the office. Penny asked if there was a reason I was local. Easy I said no US. Mark came in and said if i hook to an mt tandem and head for Moncton headed try and get me a trip to the States. Well sure enough a message comes through, load Lake Utopia going to Vineland NJ. Ahh well not to bad. Then a few minutes later the sattelite goe's off again "don't go past Moncton we may have something better for you". So I called Mark from Moncton to be told to go to St John and pick up a load for Jacksonville, Florida. Result, trip and a half. I spoke to Penny later and she said "see what you get for doing shitty jobs for us". I don't consider them shitty, it's work that needs doing, i get paid for it, if it's city work they pay me by the hour not mile so I don't complain. I think what it is there are some States drivers that will do local work, and others who seem to think they employed for "The Triangle" and thats all they want to do. Well Florida here I come.....
The load was'nt ready till 8 that night so once hoked up I headed for Pennfield for the night. Could'nt get ACE'd till morning so that was the closest point i could get to the border. Still gave me plenty of time to get to Jacksonvilee (thats in Florida, don't know if i mentioned that) for Friday morning. Well Penny got me ACE'd by 8 Wednesday morning so of I set for the border. Crossed "the Airline" then stopped in Fairfield, MA to diesel up. Once on the I-95 thats it all the way down, except for a short cut round Boston. The traffic was'nt to bad going over the George Washington Bridge so Wednesday night saw me in the Petro truckstop in Bordentown NJ. Thursday morning off again the traffic was bad round Washington, mind you it's hard to find a time when it is'nt. Then once there your into Vaginia...... ohh do you want me to go on.... I love it down there (so doe's Virginia, but don't tell Sharen ; ). Well because of the snow storm I hit Monday night and the manky weather Tuesday and Wednesday I had to find a truck wash (surprise, surprise). Found a good one in Kenly NC. Now i don't usually wash the trl, but hell go for broke on this trip. So the whole outfit clean and looking good (if i say so myself) off I set again on the I-95, next stop for the night Hardeeville SC.

Well it was a short journey from Hardeeville to Jacksonville. Drove through Georgia (1st time in that State) and into Florida. By 10 that morning I was mt and ready to go to my reload, Johnson City, Tennesse. Hell 501 miles away. No rush though, not loading till Monday morning. So here we are, sat at the TA truckstop in Duncan, South Carolina. It'll be a short hop there Monday morning (2hrs away), load, then get to the boat in Nth Sydney NS for Wednesday afternoon. Well how have i filled my time, what else do you do in the sunshine, polish "my girl". Hell you want to see her shine. Only for a few days though there having bad snow storms back home, still thats trucking in North America for you. Bonus of parking here is that there's a smokin' BBQ across the road. Best ribs and chicken I've ever tasted. Had some Friday night and going back for more today. Reminds me must take a steak out the freezer for supper tomorrow night. Well thats me up to date now. Will let you know how the rest of the trip goe's next time. Till then stay safe.


Mick, Heather, Dylan, Yvonne, Charlotte and Callum I'll be taking time out next Friday to think of you guy's.
You'll be in Sharens and my thoughts. Catch you later Rich my old buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment