Times Gone By

Times Gone By

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Story so far

Quick catch on next trip. Quiet on the USA front so Ron asked me to go to Dartmouth load then take it to the boat in Nth Sydney. But while i was loading noticed my radiator was leeking coolant, so once loaded dropped the trl in the yard and across to Penske. New radiator needed, lot of empty promises and I did'nt get "my girl " back till Tuesday afternoon. So load down to St John NB for Wednesday morning, then down to Lake Utopia for a load to Hatboro PA. No rush, did'nt have to be there till Friday morning. Tipped Friday and up to Newark NJ for my reload going to Toronto. But again I'd be up there too early so I dropped it in our yard in Concord Saturday morning. Oh shit what a crap journey, it snowed Friday night. The driving was good until all the f'ing idiot car drivers got on the road Saturday morning. I say " if you don't like driving in the snow STAY AT F'ING HOME, don't drive down the highway at 30mph with your 4 ways on". Hell they really p me off. Once i'd dropped my trl I bob'd to Mississauga to pick up a load bound for Dartmouth. Result be home Sunday afternoon. Well the Sunday the roads were in pretty bad shape, lots of snow and it was freezing fast. Still made it to Dartmouth for 230pm, dropped the trl and bob'd back to the yard. Told them I'd be back in Monday morning as I wanted a full weekend at home the follwing weekend. No problem. Then Mark asked if I could be in Middleton for 7 the next morning, it's only about hour and half away. Easy, he said someone had gone to the rail port to pick up the container and it'll be in the trl park for me the next morning. Well 430 Monday morning saw me driving up and down all the trls trying to find mind, after the 3rd lap I gave up and parked by the office to await Ron's arrival at 6. Ron arrived checked the computer to find the container was still at the rail port. So PU# in hand I bob'd to CN. Things were not going to go my way, the container was on the chasis twisted so I could'nt do the front 2 locks up on it. So a couple of slow laps round the parking lot finally made the Container drop into place. Next problem, the right hand turn signal was'nt working, so a trip to PFT was called for. There they tried to tell me it was my truck and not the chassis at fault. Balls I'd had no problems with it, as a hook up to an mt in our yard proved. It was to late now to go to Middleton so I hooked to an mt Tridem and went to St John to load for St Laurent. Left that in our yard there and hooked to another load going to the boat in Nth Sydney. It was on the way back I heard the tragic news about Richard. Trl dropped at the boat hooked to an mt and back to Halifax. There Ron gave me a job load in Dartmouth, deliver to St John NB then spot the trl at Irving Tissue St John. Then bob to Moncton, hook to a loaded on there and bring back to Halifax. Shit when I hooked to that one in Moncton boy she was heavy, and in all the wrong places. I was over weight on my drives and even sliding the trl bogies all the way to the front did'nt help much. Decision time leave it or run the risk, i took the latter. First scale at Amherst and an amber light was given to me (report inside). He told me I was 800lbs over on the drives(tell me something I did'nt know) and could I slide the bogies. Well there was only one way and that was to take the locking bar out the front and pinch one more hole. Mean while he's inside going through my log book. Back on the scales and back inside. 400lbs now over. Okay he says forget about the weight ticket I'll give you a level 3. Nice guy, clean level 3. He then told me Enfield scales were open and to tell them I'd been let off with a warning and that they'd let me through. There was no problem there and I was soon back in Halifax. Home for the night, i went in Friday morning at 6. Ron looked up and said " thought you were going home for the weekend?" It's only Friday I told him and I'd stilll got hours to use. He looked at the screen told me there was'nt much about and to go home and have a nice weekend. Belive me I did. Work hard, play even harder. Awesome meal at The Keg Saturday night with my georgeous wife. Monday though comes round far to quickly........
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment